You maintain your health by getting regular checkups with your doctor. It helps you and your doctor catch any changes in your health before they become big problems. It’s a vital part of keeping yourself healthy. Well, your vehicle is no different. It requires regular checkups to keep it running strong and to catch any potential problems before they can develop into big issues.
That’s why routine maintenance will make a big difference in the life of your vehicle, whether your vehicle is brand new or it has some miles on it already. Performing regular maintenance is a preventative measure to keep the major systems working properly and to ensure longevity over the course of their useful life. When you stick to a recommended schedule of maintenance, you can improve the life of your vehicle and catch any issues when they are less serious and won’t require as much time or expense to fix.
What’s the best schedule to know what should be checked and when? Check your vehicle’s owner’s manual to see what the factory recommendations are for your maintenance visits, such as oil changes and tire rotation. Use Google to search for manufacturers recommended maintenance schedule for your specific vehicle. The manufacturers make this information available so you can understand everything that needs attention with every mileage interval. Finally, talk with your mechanic at Milex Complete Auto Care / Mr. Transmission of Cary, whose knowledge and expertise can help guide you into a regular schedule of maintenance for your vehicle that will extend its life and save you money on repairs down the road.
This is an example of what you can find on the internet for your vehicle.
Honda Maintenance Minder B
5 Speed Automatic EX V-6 - Recommended service:
- Replace engine oil and oil filter
- Inspect front and rear brakes
- Check parking brake adjustment
- Inspect tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots
- Inspect suspension components
- Inspect driveshaft boots
- Inspect brake hoses and lines (including ABS)
- Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids
- Inspect exhaust system
- Inspect fuel lines and connections
Still not sure what constitutes routine maintenance visits? These are some of the maintenance items you should get checked or have performed on your vehicle regularly:
- Change the engine oil and filter
- Replace the engine air filter
- Tire rotation and balance
- Four-wheel alignment
- Tune-up; spark plugs, fuel system cleaning, plug wires and coils
- Replace or refill fluids, such as antifreeze, power steering, coolant and wiper fluid
- Inspection of tires, exhaust, suspension components, braking system, steering components, exterior lights, windshield wiper and washer function among other things
Talk with us as Milex Complete Auto Care / Mr. Transmission of Cary and we will help you develop a maintenance schedule that addresses the on-going needs of your vehicle without breaking the bank. Your vehicle demands a complete auto care maintenance routine to keep it in top condition and keep you and your budget happy for years to come.