At Mr. Transmission Milex Complete Auto Care, we understand that the brake system is one of the most important safety systems in your vehicle. Because of this, keeping up with brake repairs and maintenance services is critical to your safety on the road. The brake system is comprised of many components, including brake pads, cylinders, drums, and rotors. These components wear with each mile you drive and will need regular inspection, maintenance and replacement.
If you are diligent with your brake system maintenance, you can hopefully prevent the need for major brake service repairs. Mr. Transmission Milex Complete Auto Care offers a road-ready Performance Check, where we will inspect your brake system for any needed maintenance or repairs. Maintenance may include flushing and filling of the brake hydraulic system and brake pad replacement. Brake repairs may include replacement of hoses or rotors.
Signs Your Car's Brakes Need Servicing
If you notice any of the following symptoms with your brake system, your brakes may need servicing. Just bring your vehicle into Mr. Transmission Milex Complete Auto Care for our brake system Performance Check, where we can investigate any underlying issues.
- Vehicle is pulling to one side while applying the brake.
- Brake pedal vibrates when applying the brake.
- Brake pedal feels "spongy."
- Noise or squeaking when applying the brake.
- Frequent need to add brake fluid to the master cylinder.
Our Road Ready Brake System Performance Check Includes:
- Road Test vehicle for proper brake operation.
- Inspect and measure rotors and drums.
- A visual inspection of the following:
- Hydraulic System for leaks and condition.
- Remove all wheels and inspect brake linings.
- Check brake fluid for moisture and contamination.
- Inspect master cylinder and cap.
- Inspect calipers and wheel cylinders.
- Give written estimate for needed repairs.
To learn more about our brake services, find your nearest Mr. Transmission Milex Complete Auto Care today.
FAQs About Brake Repair Services
How can you prevent damage to your brake system?
Each component within the brake system needs to be serviced. It is likely the brake pads will need replacing when they become too thin. If pads are not replaced and wear away too much they can damage the rotors or drums. Damaged or worn rotors and drums can warp or crack and cause complete brake failure. Keeping up with brake pad maintenance can help keep you safe and prevent more costly repairs.
When should you service your brake system?
If you notice poor braking performance you should bring your vehicle in for a brake system inspection. Also consult your owner’s manual to find at what mileage the brake system should be serviced. Have your brakes inspected at every oil change.
How do you prevent brakes from wearing out quickly?
Several factors besides consistent maintenance can affect how long your brakes last. Driving habits, operating conditions, vehicle type and quality of brake lining material can all factor into the longevity of your brakes.