Complimentary Vehicle Checks
At Milex Complete Auto Care /Mr. Transmission of Cary, we offer our Customers a Complimentary Safety and Transmission Performance Checks to inspect and detect any problems with your vehicle. The Complimentary Safety Check inspects the entire vehicle for any and all safety issues. The Transmission Performance Check inspects the operation and condition of your transmission. All findings are prioritize any by urgency, working from immediate needs to things that will need to be considered in the future. We have a responsibility to help you understand the condition of your vehicle so that you can make informed decisions about maintenance and service .
What Does a Vehicle Safety Check Include?
The safety check inspects the operation and condition of the your vehicle. Our purpose of the Safety Check is to make a complete assessment of the condition and needs of your vehicle. These results are prioritized by urgency, so you will know what needs to be done now, next month and next year.
Warning lights, battery condition, belts, hoses, fluid levels, leakage, brakes, axles, mounts, wheels and tires, steering and suspension.
What Does a Transmission Performance Check Include?
The fluid check is an important component of our Performance Check as it serves as the first indicator of the condition of the transmission. Typically, a transmission in good condition will have fluid that is clear and red colored and at the proper level. Warning signs of a transmission problem is if the fluid is brown, has an unpleasant odor or is not at the proper level. Fluid level will need to be adjusted prior to fully assessing the condition of the transmission. In many of these cases your transmission may require an internal inspection.
Our drivability or road test is made up of two parts: a stationary test and a driving test. During these two tests, your transmission is checked for any signs of slipping, noises, slow or hard gear engagement, harsh/soft or erratic shifting, late or early shift patterns and torque converter lock up.
The pan examination is another crucial part of the Performance Check that serves as a great indicator of potential problems. This test is effective, because it allows a partial look inside the transmission. All pans have some metal particles; however, excessive amounts of metal indicate internal wear and damage to the transmission.
This step will help determine what type of adjustment, repair, or replacement may be needed. During a lift inspection, one of our technicians will check for the following:
- Neutral Switch
- Throttle Linkage
- Manual Linkage
- Modulator Vacuum
- Transmission Mounts
- Fluid Retention
- Electronic Components
When the results of your Performance Check show that there is an internal problem with your transmission, we recommend further investigation with an internal inspection of your transmission. This inspection consists of the removal of your transmission and disassembly of the unit in order to view all internal parts. During this inspection, all parts will be examined for wear and damage. When the inspection is completed, one of our technicians will provide you with a report of those items that are in need of either repair or replacement, along with an estimate for those services.
Recommendations After a Performance Check:
- No transmission problem. The Performance Check indicated at this time no repair or adjustment is needed.
- Preventive Maintenance Service. This service helps to prevent transmission trouble before it starts. Our technicians will replace your vehicle’s transmission fluid and filter if applicable.
- External Adjustment/Repair. This service includes any repairs to the exterior of the transmission that does not involve the removal of the transmission.
- Reseal Service. This requires the removal of the transmission to replace all leaking external seals in your vehicle’s transmission. We perform this service after inspection of the transmission. It is designed to repair leaking transmissions, which have no other internal problems.
- Internal Inspection Services. Our technicians will completely and thoroughly evaluate all internal components of your vehicle’s transmission. We perform this service if the Performance Check indicates you have an internal transmission problem. We remove the transmission, disassemble and check all internal parts of the transmission for wear and tear. Our technician upon your approval will replace only those necessary parts with parts meeting OEM specifications to give your transmission the ability to obtain optimal performance. Finally, after any work is completed the transmission is reinstalled into the vehicle.
Once your vehicle has undergone our Performance Check and you have received an expert service from our trained technicians, you can rest assured that your vehicle is road-ready.