Reliable Transmission Repair Services In Cary & Raleigh, NC
You’re likely aware that your car has a transmission system, but you might not know what it does. To put it simply, it transfers power from the engine to the wheels – but the transmission is anything but simple. It’s a complex system made of hundreds of components, including transmission fluid, electrical components, universal joints, and a torque converter. Diagnosing issues with the transmission is equally multifaceted and involves taking the system apart to discover the problem. If your vehicle’s transmission needs attention, it’s crucial to bring it to the right mechanics.
Milex - Mr. Transmission is Cary’s trusted name in transmission repair and maintenance. Our ASE-certified mechanics know what it takes to make sure your transmission is properly cared for. After our thorough inspection, repairs, and testing, you can feel confident that your vehicle is road ready.
What Is Transmission Service?
By controlling the gear shifts, your vehicle’s transmission allows it to reach different speeds efficiently. Savvy motorists know that including transmission services in your regular maintenance schedule not only keeps it performing as it should, but also extends the lifespan of the transmission and prevents costly future repairs. Transmission services typically include:
- Fluid replacement: Transmission fluid cools and lubricates the components, allowing for seamless gear changes. Over time, this fluid can become contaminated or degrade, affecting the transmission's efficiency. Regular fluid replacement helps maintain proper functionality.
- Filter replacement: The transmission filter prevents debris and contaminants from circulating in the fluid. Replacing this filter during service helps prevent damage to the transmission.
- Diagnostic checks: Technicians use specialized tools to diagnose electronic and mechanical issues within the transmission. Early detection of problems can prevent major repairs.
- Seal and gasket inspection: Damaged seals and gaskets can lead to fluid leaks, which can ultimately damage the transmission if not addressed promptly.
- Clutch inspection: For manual transmissions, clutch inspection and adjustment are essential for smooth gear engagement.
When to Repair a Transmission: Signs & Symptoms
Knowing when to bring your vehicle in for transmission services can stop issues from getting bigger – and more expensive. Here’s what to look out for:
- Warning lights: The Check Engine or Transmission light on your dashboard may light up if there's a problem. We provide free performance checks to determine what issues your vehicle is experiencing so that you can make an informed decision.
- Fluid leaks: Transmission fluid leaks often manifest as reddish or brownish puddles under your vehicle. When your vehicle is leaking transmission fluid, a reseal job is most likely needed. Our technicians will perform a lift inspection to determine where the leak is occurring and then perform the reseal job.
- Unusual noises: Grinding, whining, or clunking noises while shifting or driving could indicate internal damage.
- Gear slippage: If your vehicle unexpectedly shifts gears or slips out of gear, it may be an indicator of transmission trouble.
- Delayed or rough shifting: Difficulty shifting gears or experiencing a noticeable delay between gear changes suggests potential transmission issues.
How Much Does Transmission Repair Cost?
Staying on top of preventative maintenance can help prevent expensive repairs, but transmission repair costs vary widely depending on a number of factors. These include what is wrong with the transmission, what parts are needing to be fixed, the extent of the damage, whether your transmission is manual or automatic, and the make and model of your vehicle.
Our goal at Milex - Mr. Transmission of Cary is to provide you with transmission repair solutions that fit your budget. Sometimes, all a transmission needs is a small adjustment that can be made without removing and disassembling the whole system. Other companies may take advantage of this and still bill you for services you didn’t need, but our auto care solutions are always honest.
At Milex - Mr. Transmission, we’re Cary’s trusted source for everything from transmission repair and maintenance to oil changes and brake replacement. Our friendly, knowledgeable team is dedicated to keeping your vehicle road ready. If you’re in need of service, contact us today for a free performance check!
FAQs About Transmission Repair
Q: What cars do you service?
We do it all! We can service domestic and foreign makes and models, manual and automatic transmissions, as well as trucks, four-wheel drive, hybrid, diesel, and recreational vehicles.
Q: Do you offer towing?
Towing is free with a major transmission repair within the local area of Cary, Raleigh, and Durham.
Q: Do you have a warranty?
Mr. Transmission has a standard six-month unlimited or 12-month/12,000-mile transmission warranty, as well as extended warranties. Your warranty is valid across the country at any of our nationwide service centers and affiliates of Mr. Transmission, Multistate Transmissions, or Dr. Nick’s Transmissions. This means you can get the help you need, even if you’re away from home.
Q: How long will the transmission repair take?
Every transmission repair is different, depending on the type of repair, facility scheduling, and the availability of parts. We will keep you updated and let you know a repair timeline.
Q: Will you be putting all new parts in my transmission?
During transmission repair and rebuild jobs, Milex - Mr. Transmission uses both new and re-manufactured parts when required and rebuilds the transmission back to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
Q: Do you have financing options?
Most locations offer third-party financing with approved credit. Some locations also offer 90 days same as cash or 12-month, same as cash financing. As always, contact us for further details.